Jim Miller (credited as "Big" Jim Miller) was a storyboard artist for Ed, Edd n Eddy. He was one of the most important storyboard artists, as he was regularly credited with storyboard duties for many episodes. Now that the show has ended, he has moved on to a new project as one of the storyboard artists for My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
Before working as an animator, "Big" Jim held many jobs. These included retail jobs, making signs and awnings, and even painting parking meters once. He became interested in animation as a kid, as he was a fan of the MGM and Warner Brothers cartoon shorts. He later became interested in comic books, and these made him want to be an artist; in fact, he at first wanted to draw comic books.
He originally attended college in order to study genetics. While there, he discovered that he wasn't interested in the science, and heard that a friend of his from high school was in film school, working on animation. When he heard what it was like, Mr. Miller decided to drop out of his courses and take a class on animation at a separate institute. He was accepted into and completed the course only to find that there was no work available when he graduated. For a few months, he looked for work, and eventually found that A.K.A. Cartoon needed artists. Miller took a test to get in; on the day he was laid off from the job he was working at the time, AKA called him up and hired him.
He worked on Ed, Edd n Eddy for its full ten year run, and since then has been working on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
- Edd's cactus, Jim, is likely named after "Big" Jim Miller.
- "Big Jim" appears in the show as the name of an unseen character repeatedly.
- In "Out with the Old, In with the Ed," his name appeared on Double D's homeroom list.
- In "Too Smart for His Own Ed," "Big" Jim's name appears on the back of Double D's book "Spelling Bee Preparation For Advanced Spellers" as "B. Jim," with a portrait.
- In "Truth or Ed," a paper describing "Big Jim" can be seen on Bobby Blabby's desk along with a photo of him.