"Big" Jim Miller being interviewed for his work on My Little Pony.
Jim Miller (credited as "Big" Jim Miller) is a storyboard artist for Ed, Edd n Eddy. He is one of the most important storyboard artists, as he is regularly credited with storyboard duties for many episodes. Recently (after the show ended), he has moved on to a new project as one of the storyboard artists for My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
Before working as an animator, "Big" Jim held many jobs. These included jobs in retail, making signs and awnings, and even painting parking meters once. He became interested in animation as a kid, as he was a fan of the MGM and Warner Brothers cartoon shorts. He later became interested in comic books, and these made him want to be an artist; in fact, he at first wanted to draw comic books.
Originally, he went to college to work in genetics. While there, he discovered that he wasn't interested in the science, and heard that a friend of his from high school was in film school, working on animation. When he heard what it was like, Mr. Miller decided to drop out of university and take a class on animation. He was accepted into and completed the course only to find that there was no work available. For a few months, he looked for work, and eventually found that AKA Cartoon needed artists. Jim Miller took a test to get in; on the day he was laid off, AKA called him up and hired him.
He worked on Ed, Edd n Eddy for it's full ten year run, and since then has been working to produce My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
- Edd's cactus, Jim, is probably a nod to "Big" Jim Miller.
- "Big Jim" continuously appears in the show as the name of an unseen character.
- In "Out with the Old, In with the Ed," his name appeared on Double D's homeroom list.
- In "Too Smart for His Own Ed," "Big" Jim's name appears on the back of Double D's book "Spelling Bee Preparation For Advanced Spellers" as "B. Jim," with a portrait.
- In "Truth or Ed," a paper describing "Big Jim" can be seen on Bobby Blabby's (Eddy's) desk along with a photo of him.